International Olympic Committee
- [Official site] A variety of information involving the candidate and host cities, events, IOC policies, international sports federations, national Olympic committees, and Olympic museum. [Site in French and English]
A Journey Through: The Olympics
- An interactive site about Olympics, the IOC, how the competitions are held, the ancient games and World Olympic Records, Paralympics. Includes also message boards to voice out opinions on Olympic issues, interactive puzzles and quizzes.
Austrian Olympic History
- Historical results of Austrian athletes competing at Summer and Winter Olympics. Includes medal count tables of all countries. An unofficial site.
- Dictionary of the Olympic Games offers a reference to Olympic games news and history from Olympia to Sydney 2000.
- A comprehensive review of the Olympic bid business. Contains news, information, glossary and an active forum.
Hickock Sports - Index to the Olympics
- Offers a detailed history of the games organized by year along with medal winners for each event.
History House: Stories: Olympic Follies
- Amateur glory of Olympics in the early twentieth century upheld in wacky marathon, racial exercises.
History of Our Olympic Games
- Some information and a brief history of modern and ancient games.
- Historic results and statistics plus summaries of every Olympic Winter and Summer Games.
International Centre for Olympic Studies
- Established at The University of Western Ontario in 1989. It has as its primary mission the generation of academic scholarship focused specifically upon the socio-cultural study of the Modern Olympic Games and the Olympic Movement.
International Olympic Numismatic Federation
- Official site featuring the collection and study of coins, bank notes, medals and tokens. Contains event information, collector resources and a photo gallery.
International Society of Olympic Historians
- The purpose of the ISOH is to promote and study the Olympic Movement and the Olympic Games. Includes membership, constitution, links, and the Journal of Olympic History.
- Comprehensive database of all Olympic program guides for summer and winter games. Includes images of each program and navigation to each day's events.
Olympic Games Links
- This site has links to news and information about the Olympic Games.
Olympic Games Medallists
- Complete list of medallists in all sports at both Summer and Winter Olympic Games.
Olympic Games Museum
- A virtual museum of statistics and items such as medals, diplomas, tickets, and posters.
- A virtual visit of the permanent exhibits, a virtual gallery with Nagano ceremonies, a philatelic and numismatic exhibition, concerts and conferences, a research centre.
Olympic Television Archive Bureau
- OTAB is a sporting film and television library, offering films and videos that chronicles the Olympic Games history. The new acquisitions, the archive, Olympic programming, information about services, and FAQs.
- Describes the history of the concept of world peace through sports, description of the foundation and news items.
Olympics Through Time
- Historical profile from prehistory through revival. Contains glossary, links and a comprehensive bibliography.
- A guide to the best, worst, and strangest Olympics stuff on the Web.
US Anti-Doping Agency
- USADA, the independent agency, is responsible for managing the testing for U.S. Olympic, Pan Am, and Paralympic athletes, and for preserving the integrity of sport through research initiatives and educational programs.
Wikipedia: Olympic Games
- Encyclopedia article with history and current events.
World Anti-Doping Agency
- Promotes, coordinates, and monitors at the international level the fight against doping in sports in all its forms.
- Campaigning for the formal recognition of those who revived the Olympic Games in modern times. Offers a timeline of events and commentary on publications concerning the revival of the Olympics.
- Comprehensive medal history of every Summer and Winter Olympics since 1896. Site is indexed by sport category, country, athletes and venues.